Monday, June 25, 2012

Tammy Says, "Anything Goes - Any Artist"

     This week at Tammy's Scrapin Corner, we have a challenge theme of Anything Goes -- use stamps/images by any artist you choose.  We're sponsored this time by MarkerPOP (formerly ICopic) and by Scrapper's Delight, and there are fantastic prizes awaiting the winner.  You can't be a winner if you don't play along, right?

   

I used a sketch from Sketches by Carly but reversed it.

carlysketch 59

     I colored the roses (Floppy Latte) with Copic markers, leaving the stems and leaves plain black and white.  I wanted a red, black, and white color combo for this card and felt that even a touch of green in the image would distract from that.  I used four different sizes of Scalloped Oval dies (Spellbinders) to cut the image and the matting CS.

     I used a plain, bright-white CS for the card base, and added a shimmery, glittery ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon.   I layered on the image piece at an angle, then added the large red pearls (more of those I got in a box of goodies at an estate sale which I'm finally using after maybe 2 years!)  The polka dot bow is layered onto a flower-petal shape cut from a bit of black, flocked paper and I added a white pearl to the center of the bow.  A simple design, easily done with a sketch as the starting point.

     Challenges:
365 Cards -- Nature
Allsorts -- Dies to Die For
Cardmadfairy's Digi Days -- Girly
Crafts and Me -- Anything goes
Crafty Calendar -- Flowers in Bloom
Crafty Ribbons -- CAS
Delightful Challenges -- Anything goes
Divas by Design -- "To Die For": Die Cuts
DRS Designs -- Flowers
Great Impressions -- Die Cuts
Lollypop Crafts -- Flowers in Bloom
Love to Create -- Anything goes
Outlawz CAS -- Summer (Roses always say "Summer" to me)
Paper Play -- Use a die
Shelly's Images -- Anything goes
Stampin' for the Weekend -- Show Your Style (mostly CAS with a bit of embellishment)
Totally Stampalicious -- Red, White, & ? (Black)

     I hope you're all going to play along at Tammy's this week.  After all, how can you go wrong with an Anything Goes theme?  Be sure to stop by the challenge blog and see all the inspiration from the entire design team.  We're looking forward to seeing all your creations.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

36 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hi there, how are you doing. This is so beautiful and very striking. I just love the interpretation of the design. Fabulous.
Happy crafting.
Love Sandra xxx

Unknown said...

This is just gorgeous. I love the color choice and the image is so cute.

Victoria said...

mmm red is my favourite colour! Very striking design! Hope you have a lovely week!

Crafting Vicky said...

Such a wonderful creation. Your cards are always so beautiful. It is so very elegant!

Kim Bell said...

Nana
Beautiful card. Love the rose! I am flower person all the way!!!
Hugz
Kim

Unknown said...

Wow, this is lovely. I found you over at the outlawz. You color wonderfully. I'm following your blog now.

Linda Simpson said...

This is lovely Connie! I love the flowers and the colours are gorgeous. The use of the red ribbon and the dies look stunning.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Julie said...

Simply lovely! Thanks for joining us at Sketches by Carly
Hugs,
Julie

Michelle Looi said...

Lovely card!
Thanks for joining us at 365cards!
Michelle~

Shelia said...

This is such a pretty card. Love the layout!! Thanks for joining the DRS Designs' challenge.

pinky said...

Beautiful creation, perfect for our challenge. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons.
Pinky

jimlynn said...

Love the design Connie - and your coloring is just amazingly beautiful! Really like that you left the stems and leaves uncolored too.
Lynn

Anonymous said...

A beautiful image and striking design...thanks for joining us at Divas!
Helen x

Glenda Atkins said...

This is absolutely beautiful! LOVE the coloring--and your image is wonderful. Fab take on the sketch Connie -wow!
hugs
glenda

lisa said...

love this
great work

Sassy Raggedy said...

Congrats on your win last week at Love to Create. This is another wonderful card and thanks for joining us at our Anything Goes Challenge this week. Hope to see you again next week, Nana. joann sassy raggedy

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great card, love the layout & that image is fab!

Thank you for sharing with us at Delightful Challenges & Divas this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

ahlers5 said...

Lovely card. Thanks so much for joining us at Totally Stampalicious this week.
Diane

G8country life said...

Hi Connie, this is such an elegant card love how you color your roses and the color combo too. I'm glad your in our team because I'm learning a lot from you : )

Benzi said...

What a beautiful rose image and the card is super, Connie.

Margreet said...

Gorgeous card with fab dies....thanks for joining the Divas!
I also want to thank you for using Carly's sketch!
xxx Margreet

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

This just lovely what a pretty image! Thanks for joining us at Cardmadfairy's Digi Days hugs Susan x

Sonia said...

Beautiful creation. Great JOB!~
Thanks for joining us at Lollipop Crafts. Good Luck!
-Sony DT
sonia-studio60.blogspot.com

Fleur said...

A very pretty card
Thank you so much for entering our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!

Hugz Fleur xXx

Pryn said...

Connie, this is GORGEOUS!!! CAS at its FINEST!!! I am still flipping over that diagonal ribbon! LOVE it!!! Thank you for stopping by my blog during The Outlawz celebration :) I appreciate the follow and am now following you as well. Hugs!

Darlene said...

This is OH SO PRETTY Connie! Love it! Thanks so much for joining our "SHOW US WHAT YOU GOT" challenge at Shelly's Images! Please come back and join us again real soon!!
Darlene
Shelly's Images DT
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Gorgeous card Connie!! I love the roses and the bow. Everything coordinates really well. Thanks for entering Sketches by Carly and look forward to your next creation. Have a super day!! Gloria

kavitha said...

Beautiful card..thanks for joining us at love to create this week

Amanda Phillips said...

So lovely. Thank you for sharing over at Love to Create Challenges.
~Amanda LTCDT

Stephanie said...

Lovely card, Connie! Thanks for joining us at the Outlawz for our 2000 Member Celebration!

Teresa Arsenault said...

This is so pretty, Connie and, OMGosh, I want to bury my nose in those kittens and breathe!

Seafield Jo said...

Your card is lovely. The red and black are so striking and I love the glittered ribbon.

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge and good luck.

Jo :)

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! I love the flowers ^.^

Unknown said...

P.S. I found you through the OUTLAWZ site and I am now following your blog.

That pic you have of the cat in the upper right of your blog saying, "I am not YOUR cat, you are MY human"....My dog Pepper tells me the same thing, that "I am not YOUR dog but that you are MY human". It's so funny! She is a Shelter Rescue and now she is my Emotional Support Animal, but my hubby always jokes that he is Peppers Support Human because she has to deal with me ROFL!

Anyway, you have a wonderful blog and I do not know how you do it keeping so busy entering all those Challenges, I personally could not keep up. I wish you well in all your challenges,hun {{{hugz}}}

Lori Turner said...

Very nice card! Thanks for joining us this week at Totally Stampalicious!

Kelly L said...

Very pretty roses, and what a nice take on Carly's sketch! I love the pearl accents too. Thanks for joining us at SketchesByCarly.blogspot.com. We love to see your creations! Hugs, Kelly :)