Tuesday, November 6, 2012

'Gnome' Place Like Home

     OK, so the post title is a little 'punny' but I love both the image I used and the theme for the new Tuesday Throwdown challenge this morning, which is "Fall Leaves."  Our fantastic sponsor is Robyn's Fetish and the image is called "Gnome."  In addition to the image, the background paper is also a digital from Robyn's Fetish and I printed it, then turned it so that I could use the 'leaves' (which are probably a flower) as a pile of leaves for him to sit.  Let me show you my card, and you'll see what I mean.


The sketch is from Outlawz, turned on it's side.  


     Isn't he just precious?  And isn't that paper fantastic?  Oooo, I really love it!

     He's colored with Copic and Spectrum Noir markers, then die cut using the 'out-of-the-box' technique so I could get him to 'sit' on the leaves.  I outlined him and the die cut with distress markers.

     The yellow and red leaves are punched from mulberry paper and the brown one with the gold highlights was an old Jolee's I had in my stash.  The fancy corners are the 'negatives' from a Cheery Lynn fancy corner die.  "Never throw it away", is my motto!  :-D

     Challenges:
Allsorts -- For Men Only
Card Cupids -- Happy Fall, Y'All
Color Me Creative Challenge -- Anything with a twist of Orange
DRS Designs -- Autumn greetings
Fresh Brewed -- Thinking of you
Heck of a Challenge -- 50 Shades of Autumn
Ladybug Crafts -- Monochrome or tonal
Lia Stamps -- Autumn Colors
My Sheri Crafts -- Fall
Pixie Dust Studio -- Leaves
Robyn's Fetish -- Cards for Men

     I hope you had a great weekend and that your week is going well so far.  The autumn chill is back after a couple of days in the low 80s and my poor fur babies don't know whether to cuddle up with me or search around for a cool spot.  lol  Poor kitties.  Soon the winter weather will settle in and then they'll be longing for spring and spot of sunshine on the carpet where they can lie down and bask.

     Are you going to join us this week at Tuesday Throwdown and find some fall leaves of your own?  We'd love to see you playing along.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

23 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

NanaConnie this is gorgeous and very creative. Love everything about it. Wishing you a fab Tuesday.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Crafting Vicky said...

Beautiful card! Just love how you have him sitting on those leave!

Doreen said...

A beautiful card,love the image and fab details.xxx

jimlynn said...

WHOA!!! Connie, this is sensational!! The design, colors, paper, image....everything!! Love that cute little gnome and you used it on a fantastic card for fall! So lovely.
Lynn

Kim said...

The gnome is so adorable. He looks like he's having a nice relaxing time sitting on those beautiful fall leaves.
This is really pretty NC.

Kim, TT-DT

Linda Simpson said...

WOW Connie showed this to my hubby who collects gnomes and he loved it :) Me I think it is AWESOME!! I love everything about it and that gnome is superb.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Fun and fabulous image. Beautiful coloring too, and the DP is superb.
Hugs
Berni
berni46blogspot.

Amanda R said...

Brilliant idea to use the flower as leaves for him to sit on! Cold weather here now too, my cats whine to go out on our sunporch then after two minutes beg to come back in.

Teresa Arsenault said...

This is so sweet and lovely, warm colors too.
Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Donna Ellis said...

a perfect blog title, Connie! LOL very cute - and your gnome is cute, too. You always come up with the coolest images!

Kim said...

So original! Thanks for joining us at Pixie Dust Studio.

CraftinGranny said...

Oh what an adorable image and you've colored him perfectly. Wonderful DP and great take on the sketch. Winter is on the way and I'm NOT ready.....LOL "Hugs"

Davi said...

Nanaconnie this is a Beautiful card! I love the image, colors and the way you cut him out to sit on the leaves:)

Maire Gamber said...

What a cute image and your card is just adorable! :D Thank you so much for joining us at CMC!
Hugs,
Marie XX

Glenda Atkins said...

Oh I so love this card, the colours are fabulous and so is your colouring! Love the embellishments! Wonderful job Connie.
hugs
Glenda

Marlene Atkinson said...

Gorgeous card. Thank you for joining Robyn's Fetish this week. Marlene DT

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

Another great card! Just love how you perched him on the leaves and gorgeous colours :)

Shannon White said...

Wowie Miss Connie! this is just Gorgeous!! Love your Wonderfully colored magical little gnome sitting on his pile of leaves! And the digi dp's are just Perfect! It's been so Fabulous to get to work with you Miss Connie! I'm going to miss being on the team with you, but I know I will be seeing you in blogland.. 8-)

Big Hugs
Shannon

Glenda said...

Very pretty Fall card! Great image and coloring! Thanks for sharing with us at My Sheri Crafts!

Mummylade said...

this is a wonderful creation! Thank you so much for entering it in our challenge at Allsorts this week and good luck!

Sonia said...

What a beautiful and sweet card^_^
Thank you for joining us at Heck of a Challenge and Good Luck!
Sonia DT
http://passionidicarta-sonia.blogspot.it/

Sassy Raggedy said...

Coloring is outstanding. joann sassy raggedy

Alex H. said...

What a wonderful card... you've chosen a beautiful image.. the colours are also so great! Thanks for joining us at HOA challenge!
;-) Alex H.