Friday, June 20, 2014

Lavender-Eyed Girl

     Good morning, friends and followers!  Nice to be back with all of you.  :-D  I want to share with you a really simple card I made after I got home last night using a freebie image from Anonymous Stamps.  I love the simplicity of the image and that inspired me to keep the card very simple as well.


     What little bit of coloring there is was done with ProMarkers and the dp came from scraps in my stash.  The sentiment is stamped directly onto the card front and I added some faux stitching.  Unfortunately, my 'lavenders' turned more blue again but I think you'll get the idea.

     Challenges:
Clear It Out -- A/G
Crafty Bloggers -- Die cuts/ Image/ Patterned dp
Digi Makeover -- Use stitching
Sweet Stamps -- A/G

      Once I get some laundry and other chores done, I'll be around to visit some of my fav blogs.  I've really missed visiting and commenting but be patient with me.  I have about 850 e-mail reminders in my box and I won't get to everyone today. :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

22 comments:

Avril Ann said...

Oh Connie, another stunner, I love how you have brought the eyes to her Eyes if you get my meaning...hugs hun xxx

Lori Gauerke said...

What a lovely card, the simplicity of it makes it truly stunning. Thanks for joining us at TTPH and good luck.

Lori DT

Lori Gauerke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda Simpson said...

Oh Connie, such a very pretty card. I love her eyes they look gorgeous. Nice to hear you have arrived home safely.
Hugs
Linda xxx

fiona henderson said...

so pretty, so cute so lovely

Fiona DT
TTPH

jimlynn said...

It's ok to be a blued eyed girl!! Lavender is pretty but you KNOW blue is always better anyway! LOL!

VERY pretty CAS card!

Lynn

Céline said...

stunning card
thanks for playing with us at crafty sentiments
hugs
céline

Teresa Arsenault said...

It is so nice to see a design that can be done up quickly at the end of a long day. This is lovely.
Hugs,
Teresa

Emily Lauritzen said...

This is darling! Love that you kept it all simple so the image popped! Very sweet! Thanks for joining us at Digi Makeover!
<3 Emily L.-DT

Dawn Lancaster said...

Lovely card, that image is stunning!
Great work NanaC.
Hugs
Dawn xx

Wendy Russell said...

Beautiful card, love the papers. Thanks for joining us at TTPH.xx

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

Beautifully done. Love how you left her mostly black n white and colored her eyes to match the papers. Thanks for joining us at Paper Makeup Stamps.

Melissa Latchem said...

really striking image. Many thanks for joining the Rhedd and Rosie’s challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

Melissa Latchem said...

really striking image. Many thanks for joining the Rhedd and Rosie’s challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

Zoe said...

Great image, love how you've kept it simple, thank you for joining in Rhedd and Rosie's, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xx

Joann Burton said...

Great Image and design Nanaconnie....I love it. Hugs, joann

Hanne M. said...

Oh Nana Connie, what a great image and absolutely wonderful layout! Hugs, Hanne

Deonna Bemish said...

I love the design and colors of your card! Fantastic! thank you so much for sharing your talent with TTCRD, where the challenge is always ANYTHING GOES. I would love it if you came and visited my blog at http://ialwayslovetomakecards@blogspot.com

Glenda Atkins said...

Lovely card and design! Your colouring is fabulous on this image!
love it
hugs
Glenda

Emily Thubbron said...

Fabulous card. Love the wonky position of the image and background papers. Thanks so much for joining us at Clear It Out for our Anything Goes challenge.

Emily T.
DT Member

CraftyKay said...

Love the simplicity and colours. Thank you for joining in the CBN challenge and good luck.x

PoppyKCrafts said...

Great ceation, Thank you for joining in at Anonymous Stamps have fun and Keeeeeeeeep Crafting Katie DT xx