Thursday, January 1, 2015

All Downhill for the New Year

    HAPPY NEW YEAR !!

     After trudging doggedly through 2014, feeling like it was a mostly uphill journey adjusting to a new city, a new house, finding my way around unfamiliar streets, and meeting new faces everywhere I turned, I'm looking forward to a downhill 2015!  :-D

     A new challenge starts today on The Outlawz Twisted Thursday where we always have an "Anything Goes" theme but we add an optional twist -- this week the twist is "Winter Fun" and our sponsor for each Thursday challenge this month is Bugaboo Stamps.  They were so generous in supplying the DT members with images to use but since I love Bugaboo and have more than 150 of their digis, I chose this one from my collection (which I have never used before.  Does that make it "new?")


Inside it says "Happy New Year."

I based my design on the sketch from Seems a Little Sketchy.


     I colored the image with ProMarkers and added a bit of glitter to the snow.  For the snowflakes, I used silver sequins.   The paper is from The Paper Studio.  The bow and the three blue sequins are the only added embellishment, leaving the card pretty CAS and good for a masculine card, I think.

     Challenges:
Card Mania
Catch the Bug (image/glitter/choice-sequins)
Corrosive Challenge
Craft a Scene
Crazy Challenge
Creative Card Crew
Friends of Speedy TV
Glitter n Sparkle
Jellypark Friends
Just Inspirational
Melonheadz
Not Just Cards
Outlawz PAM
Paper Nest Dolls
Pile It On
Scrappy Hands

     I hope we're going to see you over at The Outlawz this week.  If you've never joined over there, you really should think about it.  There are challenges every day of the week, and a new monthly progressive challenge where you can earn freebie digis by playing in the challenge.   Joining is free and easy and there are such wonderful people at The Outlawz.  Give yourself a present for the New Year and come join us.  :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

16 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

A fun card and love the image. Wishing you all the very best for 2015!
Hugs
Linda xxxx

Donna Hanley said...

This card is cute as anything. Love that color and that image. Your bow is very pretty. I, took, an looking for a downhill 2015. I felt like I was climbing uphill to feel better, so now I want to just enjoy the downhill ride. Happy New Year, Connie.

Donna Ellis said...

Wonderful sentiment on your sweet, encouraging, beautifully-colored card, Connie! You are the sentiment guru, as far as I'm concerned! Love the touch of humor on most of your cards - always brings a big smile and delight. Happy New Year, Connie! hugs, de

jimlynn said...

Great design with this cutie! Love the way he's scooting down the hill too. Way too cute!!
Lynn

Janine said...

Unused = new in my book! Cute image and I hope 2015 is a good one for you.

Anonymous said...

So cute

Anonymous said...

So cute

*Vicki* said...

These are such cute images from Bugaboo!! :) Love the blue striped background!! Wishing you a Happy & Healthy New Year in 2015! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
My Blog: Stamp Smiles

Teresa Arsenault said...

Perfect image and a delightful card. I love your sweet bow.

Many blessings to you for 2015. Happy New Year,
Teresa

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

I put out a big smile when I saw your card. Happy image, happy colors, happy papers and a happy attitude for 2015

Sassy Raggedy said...

What a cute card Connie...I love the blues and your coloring is awesome. I just love it...Wishing you the best this year has to give....Hugs, joann

Shelly Schmidt said...

How sweet is this image- and I love the way you made it fit into the sketch as well. I have missed seeing you around- Hope you have a Fab 2015!

Lori aka lorib117 said...

Connie, this is awesome! Love that color and the patterned paper. Thanks for joining us at Seems A Little Sketchy and good luck.

-Lori SALS DT

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

What an adorable card! Love the image!

Thank you for participating in the MelonHeadz Friends Challenge!

Cvetelina Borisova said...

Nice card! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenges.

Sharon Noble said...

Hiya I love this so pretty. Thank you for joining us at the Paper Nest Doll Challenge Blog I hope to see you again. Happy 2015 may all your wishes come true hugs Sharon Noble (PND (DT) Member) xxxx