Friday, January 2, 2015

Get Well Wishes

     QKR Stampede has a new challenge today, its first of the New Year, and the theme is everyone's favorite, "Anything Goes."  I admit this card was inspired by my son-in-law's broken leg a few weeks ago.  The image and sentiment can be found here:  Digi 9403 "Ski Accident" and Digi 9105 "MamaSaid."


     I can't tell you how much fun it was to color this image; I used my ProMarkers and a couple of shades of gray from my remaining collection of Copics.  I kept it all very simple since I wanted a CAS design on a masculine card.   I layered kraft and deep blue CS to mat the image and added brads to two of the corners.

     Challenges:
613 Avenue Create
Card Mania
Crazy Challenge
Creative Card Crew
Inspiration Destination
Not Just Cards
Robyn's Fetish
Scrapper's Delights
Simon Says Stamp
Whimsy Inspirations

     I hope your New Year was terrific and that you survived the cold temperatures if your celebration took you outside.  Did you watch the Rose Parade or any football games?  At least those were good, inside-where-it's warm activities.  :-D  Come play with us at QKR this week, won't you?  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

Please just ignore the annoying Verification thingy.  You can write and post your comment without entering anything in the box (at least until Blogger decides to change that, too.)  Thank you.

14 comments:

*Vicki* said...

LOL! This is adorable and you've got the image colored up so nicely!! ;) I'm sure your son-in-law will appreciate the humor of it!! Thanks for sharing! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
My Blog: Stamp Smiles

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

Brilliant card, thanks for joining us at Inspiration Destination and good luck. Wendy DT x

Malika said...

Heel mooi kaartje. Love it

Malika

Tina said...

fabby card just love that image. Hugs Tina x

Anne Temple said...

Your card is fabulous and I love that image and the sentiment you used with it. Amazing coloring too. Happy 2015!

Linda Simpson said...

Love this image and the sentiment made me smile! We had a quiet New Year with my 2 fur babies.
Hugs
Linda xxx

jimlynn said...

I simply ADORE this Connie!!!! Your coloring is over the top fantastic and love that image too. WOW!!!! Great card!!!
Um......I think I've seen enough football to last a lifetime! LOL! The Rose Parade was fun to watch though - always so beautiful.
Lynn

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Happy New Year, you CAS this beauty nicely. The coloring is fab and the image is so sweet. I am sure your SIL will love the fun of this,
Hugs
Berni

Teresa Arsenault said...

Haha! Adorable, funny image. Your design and colouring are perfect.
Hugs & smiles,
Teresa

Sherry said...

haha Cajun Style Love It .. Thanxx For Playing With Us This Week At Robyns Fetish Challenge
Sherry @ Robyn's Fetish DT

Isobel said...

Happy new year, great card thanks for playing along at Scrappers Delights , good luck x

Julie Odil said...

Connie, this card is just too cute! I love the image, and the sentiment is perfect with it! Thanks for joining us this week at Inspiration Destination Challenge Blog, where it's always Anything Goes. Julie, DT.

Melissa Bove said...

Adorable card! Love that sweet image and sentiment!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Sassy Raggedy said...

Beautiful coloring Connie. I love this. You are really having a fun time with these images. Hugs, joann