Monday, June 15, 2015

"Chocolate" Holiday

     There are all kinds of holidays throughout the year and many people talk of their "holidays" instead of their "vacation."  We card makers prepare for various holidays by making cards to celebrate the occasion.   Calendars list all sorts of silly holidays like "National Take a Crab for a Walk Day" or "International Sneeze Day."  Personally, I believe in keeping things more basic and simple and I've announced my philosophy on happiness and holidays in the sentiment on this CAS card.


I took my colors from the challenge at


      This is another of my single layer CAS cards with the sentiment printed directly onto the card front before stamping the House Mouse image.   I stamped it using gray instead of black ink so that the outline was less distinct once it had been colored.  I colored the image with ProMarkers and chalks.

      Both the green and pink ribbons came from my stash and were probably originally found at Joann Crafts or Michael's.  I made the double bow by folding some lace and adding a small pink bow on top of that.  The small bow I tied using my Craft-Dee BowZ bow maker.  One simple gem was added to the bow.

     Challenges:
ArtbyMiran
Bunny Zoe's
Craft-Dee Bowz
Crafty Catz
House Mouse
Our Creative Corner
Paper Creator's Crafts
Path of Positivity
Simply Papercrafts
Sister Act
Wags n Whiskers

     I hope your week is starting well and that summer will bless you with warm but not hot temperatures.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

27 comments:

Beth Brovold said...

Well sure makes me want to lick my lips like this sweet little guy...beautifully done!! Thanks for sharing with us at House Mouse and Friends!! Good luck!
Take care,
Beth

jimlynn said...

Fabulous plus! Love your wonderful coloring on this cute image Connie. I'm not a big fan of sweets but this could make me one in a hurry. Cute card.
Lynn

Barbara Bruder said...

Connie this card is adorable. I so love the House Mouse images. Your's is colored perfect.Love this simple yet "house mouse elegant" design.Thanks for joining us at the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month. We look forward to seeing more of your beautiful work. Hugs, Barbara { Craft-Dee BowZ}

Linda Simpson said...

Such an adorable image and so love the cute mouse! Greetings from Florida, a couple of days left before I return home.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Dawn said...

What a gorgeous image NanaC! I could just eat that chocolate!
In Scotland we have holidays instead of vacations! lol
A lot of people have a staycation, when they are on holiday from work but stay at home insead of going away! ROFL
Confused yet?
Hugs
Dawn xx

ScrappyHorses said...

Your sentiment makes me happy! I have to agree; if there's chocolate involved, it's a holiday!!

ScrappyHorses said...

I have to add, Molly is the cutest cat ever. Reminds me of my fav kitty I had years ago; just can't beat a grey tiger!

Snoopy said...

hee hee hee ... I couldn't agree more with the sentiment. Fabulous card, Nana Connie! Love the CAS look to it and those ribbons and bows are such a sweet touch. ​Thanks for joining us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. Hope to see you again on the next challenge!

Hugs,
Snoopy :D​

Teresa Arsenault said...

This is so darling, your coloring is incredible and those tiny bows are super sweet.
hugs,
Teresa

Jackie Scott said...

Nana Connie the coloring of the image is awesome! Love your ribbons and bow. Great CAS card!

Pat said...

Oh, yum, NC, your card is so sweet. A delicious piece of art! Thanks for joining us at the Path of Positivity this month!

Sassy Raggedy said...

Oh this is amazing Connie...I agree and love your sentiment and the added ribbon bows are fantastic. Wonderful....Hugs, joann

Sue from Oregon said...

Thank you so much for joining our Holiday House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge #196!

This is a perfect card for our Holiday challenge...makes me want a piece of chocolate myself. Adore the CAS design and lovely coloring!


♥ Sue Kment

*Vicki* said...

LOL!! He makes me smile!! :) Love your fun CAS design here!!

Snoopy said...

Love it! ​Thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge. Hope to see you again on the next challenge!

Hugs,
Snoopy :D​

Colette said...

Fabulous card, amazing colouring, thanks for playing along at Paper Creator, good luck, hugs, Colette xx

NickScrapShack said...

Yummy, super cute card! Great job with colours and the dubble bow looks so cool!

Thank you for playing along with our CAS challenge this week. Good luck!
Nick

Pat (mspfd) said...

Love this. Awesome coloring, HM image and sentiment!

Sue said...

Really cute card, love the image and the simple style you chose. Thanks for joining us for the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

Hugs
Sue

Scrapintheattic.com said...

Hi, what a sweet stamp you used to make a fun card. Thank you for joining my challenge at Our Creative Corner. Jan x

Kristina said...

Beautiful. Thanks so much for joining us at the Art by Mi Ran Challenge Blog.

Kristina said...

Beautiful. Thanks so much for joining us at the Art by Mi Ran Challenge Blog.

Heather said...

An adorable cute card Connie, I love the CAS style and beautifully colour cute image with lovely details!!

Thanks so much for playing along with House Mouse & Friends Challenge,
hugs
Heather xx

Christine said...

This cute guy is having so much fun with his chocolate, sweet take on the Holiday chall theme.

Thanks for sharing with us at House Mouse & friends Mon. chall.. hope to see you again soon.

smiles Christine x

Unknown said...

Very Cute Card!!! Thanks!!!!
Cristina DT for Wags'n Whiskers

cebelica said...

Oh yum, yum - chocolate!!! <3 Very sweet card!
Thank you for playing with us at Bunny Zoe's!
Hugs! xx

Desire Fourie said...

Lol, chocolate definitely spells happiness. This is so perfect for our HAPPINESS theme this month. Thanks for sharing your talent with us and good luck.
Hugs
Desíre
{Path of Positivity DT Member}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}