Thursday, September 3, 2015

Rock It, Girl !

     The latest monthly freebie is in the newsletter from The East Wind and their challenge theme is "Use Corrugated Paper."  I decided to use that freebie image on my card for their challenge.


I used the sketch from Die Cuttin' Divas
and colors from House That Stamps Built.

  

    I used my ProMarkers to color the image and die cut her with a die from Spellbinders.  I used markers (red and yellow) to ink the edges.  The corrugated paper was cut with another Spellbinders' die.  For the background, I used a dp which I found in my 12" x 12" scrapbooking papers.  The dried flowers also came from my stash and they've been there at least a year but obviously, they were meant just for this card.  :-D

     I have a feeling this might get used as a birthday card for one of my granddaughters, or more likely, just a 'thinking of you' card for one of them.

     Challenges:

      There's another post scheduled for later tonight, all about the new September challenge at Pattie's Creations.  You don't want to miss that one.  Then tomorrow, there's a new challenge at QKR Stampede and my DT card for that will post in the wee hours of morning (my time) but it's worth a peek, too.  See you then.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

29 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Sweet card design!

jimlynn said...

Cute card and love image! The 'wink' is adorable on her. Great card and use of the corrugated paper too!
Lynn

Donna Ellis said...

I'm back with my other hat, Connie! I love that pretty Fall floral arrangement! Thanks for sharing your pretty project in the Scrapy Land Challenge! Hope you will join us again! hugs and blessings, de {Creative Smiles}

Jackie Scott said...

She is rocking in those colors. Love your background!

Donna Hanley said...

Love the fall colors and those added flowers/leaves against the crimped paper. She looks like she could be getting ready to be up to no good. LOL Enjoy the evening.

Teresa Arsenault said...

Really cool and I love your fall bouquet.
hugs
Teresa

Anne Bente said...

wawwww så super flot ♥

10000 tak for at du deltager på Card and scraps udfordring.

knuzzzz ♥

Cheri said...

Fabulous card, NanaConnie! Adorable image and your coloring is stunning! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge at The House That Stamps Built.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Fabulous card, she is a fab image isn't she? and love how you made this card.

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs, good luck!!! Amy DT

*Vicki* said...

Really fun image Connie and such a perfect card for one your grand-daughter's indeed!! :) Great design too!

Kathy S said...

Super fun EastWind image colored in the challenge palette for The House That Stamps Built. Always super to see your creations and we appreciate you sharing them with us. Take care and good luck.

Sassy Raggedy said...

How cute this is. Love it NC...Hugs, joann

L.B. said...

noce image and use of sketch this wee

Lori Kobular said...

That image is adorable, love the face she is making! Love your fall colors on your card! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #25!

Shelly said...

Oh how FUN, great colors!

Thank you for joining us this week at Die Cuttin Diva's
Shelly

Bonnie Irvine said...

You rocked this, Nana Connie. Love the colour palette, the design, and your lovely colouring. Thanks so much for playing along with our Corrugated challenge. This makes me remember why autumn is my favourite season.

Lys said...

She rocks our Autumn colours indeed! Thanks for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner!

Dawn said...

Thught I recognised that sassy lass from somewhere!
Love the colours you've used & those gorgeous dies too!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Heather said...

Very cute! Love that dried flower cluster; and you're right; it was meant for this card. : ) The House That Stamps Built

Heather said...

Gotta pay attention when I copy and paste. : ) I should have said "Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built".

Esther said...

Cute card!! Your coloring is fabulous!!!
Thanks for joining Die Cuttin' Divas this week!!!

CA Scrapper said...

Very cute! You did a great job coloring you image. Thanks for joining us this week at Die Cuttin' Divas.

Leslie

SirisKort said...

Herlig kort!
Takk for at du deltar hos Card and Scrap!
Klem Siri DT

cohenna said...

Beautiful! Thanks for joining in our "Flowers" challenge at My Time To Craft :)

Patricia St Martin said...

Connie, Wonderful card, love the fall theme and the flowers. So glad you joined us at Scrapy Land. Hugz from Wisconsin, Patricia
Scrapy Land Store
rubber stamping is my game blog

Kimbo said...

Great fun card, I love the foliage

Thanks for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania this time x

Katya said...

Fun image and card! Love the sketch. Thank you for joining us a Digi Galore's Anything Goes week.

Katya Bess
Digi Galore DT
http://www.kattyxotica.blogspot.com

Julia S-W said...

Such a fun image with perfect autumnal colours! Thanks so much for joining my challenge at Our Creative Corner. Julia x