Saturday, June 4, 2016

Carnation Sprite

    Have you ever had one of those days when you were surrounded by "new" things which just had to be used right now?    Yesterday afternoon was one of those days for me.  I had received new die sets in the mail, new papers from a friend, and bought a new (to me) Sprite image from AuroraWings.  It seemed a perfect time to use new things but I ended up combining them with old card stock, ribbon, and pearls which have been in my stash nearly as long as I've been alive!  :-D  OK, so for maybe 4 or 5 years but a long time.


I started with the sketch from the current challenge at My Favorite Things,
although my image is inside a square rather than an oval.
Remember, I just had to use the newest die set!  


     I used my ProMarkers to color the image, then die cut it, deliberately cropping the image on one side.  Then I used that same die set to cut the deep pink CS and inlaid the image piece into it.  The light pink CS was cut with one of my stitched square dies from Lawn Fawn.  I layered the image piece over that and mounted all of it onto some of my new dp.

     I stamped the sentiment using white ink on black CS, then matted it with pink CS, hand cut and added to the card front.  The three dark pearls were added in place of the stars shown in the sketch and I found the polka dot ribbon and tied one of the recently-learned bow ties, which I love nearly as much as the bows I sew together by the dozens.

     Challenges:
Alphabet Challenge
AuroraWings
Craft Rocket
Crafting by Designs
Crafting from the Heart
Crafting with Friends
Craft Your Passion
Creative Moments
If You Give a Crafter a Cookie
Inspiration Destination
Little Red Wagon
Scrapy Land

     I hope your weekend is going well and that you are enjoying either the great weather, or if the weather is lousy, then enjoy some crafting time since going outside is out of the question.  We're on day five of 104+ temperatures and they say tomorrow will get to 108!  I'm almost to the point of envying those places which are flooding.  OK, not really but yes, you can bet your entire bank account that I'm staying inside, making cards and coloring.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

13 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the fab image.xxx

Cross Stitch Claire said...

Great colouring, love the image! Thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket, Claire DT x

Teresa Arsenault said...

Just darling. Fabulous design with that gorgeous die cut frame and beautiful bow. hugs, Teresa

Donna Ellis said...

LOL! I liked it better when the pearls were as old as you are . But four or five years will do just fine. Darling creation, Connie, and beautiful design! Hugs, de

Stampsnob. said...

Love this Always make room for the fairies in the garden TFS Craft Rocket Lis DT

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at If you give a Crafter a Cookie, good luck!!! Amy DT

Kate said...

Super sweet - and your inlaid flourish frame is so pretty! It's just perfect for our Little Red Wagon challenge this week! Thanks so much for playing along!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Beatriz said...

Lovely card! your colouring is fantastic here! Thanks for join us at Creative Moments this time, good luck and hope to see you next time. Hugs Beatriz DT

Dawn said...

Adorable card! I love the image & all the pink! Your bow is very special too!
HUgs
Dawn xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Super cute creation

Thank you for sharing with us at Inspiration Destination, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Stunning card, love the image and your colouring and the die is a wonderful frame for her.
Faith
x

Patricia Chalas said...

such a sweet card! Thank for joining us at Scrapy Land Challenge!!

Deanne Saunders said...

Sweet card!! Thanks so much for participating in our IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE...challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a great crafty day!!! (So sorry it has taken so long to comment but the proving I AM NOT A ROBOT is driving my nuts!!)
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper