Thursday, June 30, 2016

Paw Prints on the Heart

     I know I tend to use more felines than canines on my cards but this adorable pup (by Tiddly Inks) reminds me of a little Scotty dog we got when he was about 10 weeks old and I was about 10 years old.  He promptly got dubbed "Puffball" and despite some outrageously long, elegant, and highly proper name which was shown on his pedigree papers, he remained "Puffball" for the rest of his life.  :-D


     I colored him with my black, gray, and lavender ProMarkers, die cut him with my largest stitched squares set (Cheery Lynn) and then cut a mat from purple CS with a larger die from the same set.  Before framing the image with it, I ran it through the embossing machine using my "Linen" embossing folder.  

     The ribbon is from my stash and the butterflies have been waiting to be used for way too many moons.  A nice CAS design to showcase this wonderful puppy.

     Challenges:
Tiddly Inks (die cut, image, ribbon)

     Well, another five days and I'll be back from my vacation.  I hope you've enjoyed what I've posted while I was gone.  Tomorrow is another card for the new challenge at QKR Stampede.  Hope you'll come by and see what we're doing for next week.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

Please continue to leave comments.  The "Word Verification" really isn't on.  BLOGGER INSISTS ON SHOWING THE "CAPTCHA" ICON BUT IF YOU IGNORE IT AND JUST PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT, IT WILL POST JUST FINE.  I WISH I COULD GET RID OF IT BUT THERE'S NO OPTION FOR THAT WHEN THE COMMENTS ARE WRITTEN IN A SEPARATE BOX.  SORRY.

13 comments:

Teresa Arsenault said...

Aww. so cute. hugs, Teresa

Cumbrianlass said...

Oh my he is so cute love the finished card NC.,
Hugs Janet xxx

Sandy Palmer said...

He is so adorable! Love how you shaded him in! Great design! Thanks for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends! :)

Jeannie said...

Hi Connie! This is so super sweet and a linen embossing folder I think I have to have! I thought I had them all, but I truly am missing this one. It looks fantastic with the layout. What an adorable remembrance of your puppy.

Thanks so much for joining my challenge this week and I hope you enjoyed your vacation :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys

JanR said...

Great card! Those butterflies are sweet. Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks.

Donna Ellis said...

What a great idea to shade your darling puppy (your little Scotty dog). BEAUTIFULLY shaded and colored, Connie, and darling textured butterflies, too! hugs, de

Glenda Atkins said...

Yes, I so love your shading on this wonderful puppy image. Fabulkous sentiment.
hugs
Glenda

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful colouring and love the texture of the butterflies and the colours you have used.
Faith
x

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Love the shading that you have given him along with the wonderful texture, such a cute card! Thanks so much for sharing with us @ Tiddly Inks in the "TINGO" challenge, best of luck to you :)

Dawn said...

How cute is that little guy! I love it!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Chrissy Mac Designs said...

Who wouldn't fall in love with this cute canine friend. Adorable! Thank you so much for entering this in the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge. :)

Virginia said...

This is a beautiful card and great addition to our challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at Cheery Lynn Designs. Huggs from Ginny at Polly's Paper Studio.

Jeannie said...

Hi Connie! I'm following up to see if you can tell me where you got the linen embossing folder? I've searched the web and can't seem to find it.
Let me know please :)

Thanks!
Jeannie T.