Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Sympathy Card

     Sympathy cards are the most difficult cards for me to make and I suspect that's true for most of us.  I'm never able to get a stash of them put by so end up making them as needed.  The occasions are always sad and stressful for those left behind, suffering the loss, but it seems even more difficult when the loss is felt by a parent who has lost a child.  In this case, close family friends have lost their 'special needs' daughter at the age of 19.
   

I pulled colors from Cupcake Inspirations.


     The image (from A Creative Need) is colored with ProMarkers and the sentiment is from MHK Designs.  I wanted something very CAS so limited embellishment to just a bow-tie bow, hand-tied.  

     Challenges:

     I know I've said very little about my card compared to how I write up most of my posts but this one is just too sad.  Thanks for understanding.  NanaConnie

Please continue to leave comments.  The "Word Verification" really isn't on.  BLOGGER INSISTS ON SHOWING THE "CAPTCHA" ICON BUT IF YOU IGNORE IT AND JUST PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT, IT WILL POST JUST FINE.  I WISH I COULD GET RID OF IT BUT THERE'S NO OPTION FOR THAT WHEN THE COMMENTS ARE WRITTEN IN A SEPARATE BOX.  SORRY.

12 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Yes I agree having sympathy cards in your stash are hard to keep and making them up when needed is also hard. This is so beautiful Connie!! Great colors and image!! HUGS

Linda Simpson said...

I have to agree with you that sympathy cards are so hard to make. This is just gorgeous Connie.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Teresa Arsenault said...

It is very difficult to lose a child. I think your beautiful card will bring some measure of comfort, especially as they realize what love you put into its creation.
hugs,
Teresa

Sharon said...

This is a beautiful image and design.
Thank you for sharing this with us at Fussy and Fancy.
Hugs Sharon. x

Deloris said...

I struggle with sympathy cards too. They are always so hard to make. Thanks so much for joining us for the Flowers challenge at Paper Creator.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

How very beautiful and thoughtful.
Faith
x

CraftingMum said...

Beautiful card i am sure they will love it. thanks for sharing it with us at Crafting with friends, Louise DT x

TRACEY MO said...

A very elegant card for a sad time.


Thanks for joining us at dragonfly dreams

Tracey dt

Dawn said...

Always a difficult card to make but always appreciated.
Hugs
Dawn xx

Sandy said...

Elegant card. Hope someday it makes someone smile. Thank you for joining our challenge at Cupcake Inspirations.
-Sandy, DT

Naki said...

Totally with you, I only make sympathy cards as needed... Your card is so very beautiful, coloring is just amazing! Thanks for sharing with us over at Cupcake Inspirations!

Deanne Saunders said...

Beautiful card!! Thanks so much for participating in our IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE...challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a great crafty day!!! (So sorry it has taken so long to comment but the proving I AM NOT A ROBOT is driving my nuts!!)
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper