Friday, July 1, 2016

Christmas in July

     QKR Stampede has a new challenge starting today and we're celebrating "Christmas in July."  Last month, I finally started my stash of Christmas cards and this challenge gives me the opportunity to add to it.  Most years, I have at least half of my cards made by this time but I'm really behind this year.


     I started with two wonderful digis, a Santa for the chimney (Digi 16714 "Santa Bear") and a snowman for the yard (Digi 8715 "Merry Christmas.")  I colored with my ProMarkers, cut with dies from Spellbinders, and added offset, die cut, mats to each image.  The grosgrain ribbon was a scrap in my stash and snowflakes were left over from last year's Christmas cards.  This was a pretty fast and simple design and I have added one more to the stash.

     Challenges:
613 Avenue Create
Christmas Cards All Year Round
Colour Your World
Crimbo Crackers
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends
Outlawz Greetings
Outlawz Twisted Thursday
Winter Wonderland

     Come play along this week, won't you?   You don't have to use QKR Stampede images, but if you do, your card will be put into a separate drawing and that will increase your chances of winning.  Hope to see you playing.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

Please continue to leave comments.  The "Word Verification" really isn't on.  BLOGGER INSISTS ON SHOWING THE "CAPTCHA" ICON BUT IF YOU IGNORE IT AND JUST PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT, IT WILL POST JUST FINE.  I WISH I COULD GET RID OF IT BUT THERE'S NO OPTION FOR THAT WHEN THE COMMENTS ARE WRITTEN IN A SEPARATE BOX.  SORRY.

15 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous card Connie, love the images. I wish you and your family a happy 4th of July weekend.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

How lovely and Christmassy, great images and great design.

Seems I should start on mine soon!
Faith
x

Marie Bingaman said...

Super cute images, and I love how you colored them! Thanks for sharing your card with us at CCAYR! :)

~Marie B -DT

Donna Ellis said...

hahaha! great Christmas scene, Connie, with your sleepy, nonchalant Santa bear, and your happy snowman! I also like the way your layers have been off set for visual interest! Cute as can be! hugs, de

Teresa Arsenault said...

Great design and you colored these beautifully. hugs, Teresa

Tiggerscraps said...

This is really cute! I'm thrilled to be joining you at QKR for a little while.

Glenda Atkins said...

Well you are well ahead of me, lucky you (note of envy here lOl)!Love your card!
hugs
Glenda

Anet's Crafting said...

Beautiful Christmas card NanaConnie. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Winter Wonderland. We would love to see you again … Anet DTx

Natasja's Kaarten said...

Beautiful card! Christmas in the summer, I like it! Thanks for joining our challenge on Lacy Sunshine blog.

Natasja
DT Lacy Sunshine

Deanne Saunders said...

So cute!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CARDS ALL YEAR 'ROUND challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a great crafty day!!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Dawn said...

Cute litle Christmas card!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Cindy said...

Very cute card. Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland.

Lena said...

So cute, fun and festive :-) Love it!
Thank you for playing along with us at CCAYR.
Have a wonderful day!
♥ Lena - DT
Lena’s Creations

Lori said...

This is such a cute card! Love that snowman! Thanks so much for joining us at CCAYR!

Pamela said...

Such a cute Christmas card. Thank you for joining us at CCAYR.

Pam x