Sunday, September 25, 2016

A Warrior with the Winter Wolves

     I was so struck by this image from Aurora Wings, I could hardly wait to color it.  But I debated for quite a while as to which medium and finally decided on my watercolor pencils.  I do love the way they blend out the pencil marks with just a bit of Gamsol.   But now I want to enlarge the image to coloring book size and color it with my ProMarkers.  That one I'll probably frame and hang in my craft room.


I started with the sketch from Outlawz.


     Instead of a circle for my image shape, I chose to do a rounded rectangle by die cutting a rectangle and rounding the corners with a Fiskar punch.  I did the same thing with the mat made from sparkle CS.

     After placing that piece onto turquoise CS, I added brads and sparkle twine, then layered it onto a navy blue background which I used for the card front.  The final touch was one of my bowtie bows, appropriate for a masculine card.

     Challenges:
Brown Sugar
Colour Crazy Craft
Crazy Challenge
Creative Fingers
Kraftin' Kimmie
Outlawz PAM
Paper Girls
Pencil Case
Southern Girls
Through the Craft Room Door

     Is your weekend going well?  Have you done anything special?  Or have you just pretended to be a vegetable, perhaps a couch potato?  I've completed about half the projects I need for my DT commitments in the next couple of weeks and I'm feeling both productive and proud of myself.   I also have another five images colored but not yet turned into finished cards so today I get the fun of designing.  Hope all is well with you.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

Please continue to leave comments.  The "Word Verification" really isn't on.  BLOGGER INSISTS ON SHOWING THE "CAPTCHA" BOX BUT IF YOU IGNORE IT AND JUST PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT, IT WILL POST JUST FINE.  I WISH I COULD GET RID OF IT BUT THERE'S NO OPTION FOR THAT WHEN THE COMMENTS ARE WRITTEN IN A SEPARATE BOX. SORRY.

17 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Oh my! You certainly captured the icy thrill of the Wild in this amazing creation, Connie! The image deserves to stand apart exactly as you have it. The rounded edges soften the "wildness" of the image, just the right amount! It's a wonderful design, Miss Connie, with the pale shading! hugs, de

jimlynn said...

That image is just awesome and so is your card Connie. Love the design on this one and just the right amount of coloring.
Hope you have a great day today and have fun designing.
Lynn

Linda Simpson said...

WOW this looks fabulous Connie, I hope you have enjoyed your day. I had a lovely day yesterday celebrating my birthday. Today I have been videoing a tutorial for one of the design teams I am on and just need to edit it ready for Tuesday. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Annemi said...

Just saw this one on FB an as I said there it's a beautiful maskulin card. I love this img to... coloured it a couple of times and have to say that some of them ended up in the trashcan... lol. This is a tricky img to colour I think but you did a great job. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Ann-Marie
TTCRD DT
Annemi {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

This is so cool. I await to see your larger version in the future.

Teresa Arsenault said...

Wow! What a stunning image. This card is fabulous. The royal blue background really lets the image pop and I love that bow. hugs teresa

Mitzi Sato-Wiuff said...

Love the icy high-key coloring on the Tempest of Ice image, along with the simple and bold design for a stark and bold look here, NanaConnie! Beautifully masculine for our current theme of 'For Men & Boys' at Aurora Wings! Mitzi xx

Ellen said...

Lovely creation, thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge.

groetjes, Ellen

DonnaMundinger said...

It is a stunning image, Connie and you've done a fabulous job. I hope some day to color this one for hubby. Love the bold design, so perfectly masculine as you've interpreted the sketch. Thanks so much for joining our For Men/Boys Challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

STUNNING card, I can feel the cold from it, it is so expressive, I LOVE the image and your colouring.
Faith
x

Sarah said...

What an amazing image - as a GOT fan it's definitely one I need to add to my collection! Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls Challenge Blog :)

Unknown said...

I love the detail of this lovely image. Your colouring is beautiful and your card design is perfect for showcasing that amazing image. Lori P

Debbie Pamment said...

LOVE the elegance of this - the bold, minimalist look is just PERFECT for a masculine card.
Thanx so much for joining our "For the Boys/Men" challenge at Aurora Wings
xXx

ELE said...

Wolves are a blast for me, congratulations for your card, beautiful.
Thank you for playing along at Brown Sugar this week.
We look forward to seeing you again next time.
Hugs,
Brown Sugar DT
Elena xxx

Julie said...

Thank you for sharing your card with us at Southern Girls this time. Good luck, Julie.x

Unknown said...

Stunning card love it. Thank you for joining as at the Pencil Case Challenge. Helen DT

Scrappy Scatty said...

so lovely thank you for joining us at The Pencil Challenge xx