Thursday, November 3, 2016

Guest Designer at Crimbo Crackers

     I'm proud to announce that I'm a Guest Designer for Crimbo Crackers this challenge and the theme is "Shaped Cards."  Once again, I tackled white-on-white which is NOT something I do very often.  For some reason, I just can't leave it all white.  I end up adding something every time but this time I'm really pleased with the silver sparkle.  What do you think?


     I cut the card shape with a die from QuicKutz and the tree is one of my newest dies from Spellbinders.  I cut it twice out of white, embossed the top one, and I fussy cut both of those before I layered them onto each other with dimensional foam.  I die cut the bottom layer of the tree from silver sparkle paper.   Now you see why I trimmed up both of the white layers.  I wanted that silver to show up.

     The snowflake flurry was cut out of the card front with a die from Memory Box.  I cut sparkle paper with the same QuicKutz die I used for the overall card shape, but cutting only a single layer this time which is adhered to the back side of the card front, showing through the negative space of the die cut.

     Challenges:
A Gem of a Challenge
Allsorts
Christmas Cards
Crafting from the Heart
Craft Your Passion
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Extra
Get Creative
Kraftin' Kimmie
MFP
Outlawz Greetings

     Come visit us on Crimbo Crackers and play in the challenge.  All you need is a Christmas or Festive Holiday card which is shaped -- something other than rectangle or square.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

14 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Such an imaginative use of dies, Connie! I love the many combinations here, the fussy cut embossed tree, the layering, and those amazing snowflake flurries along the bottom of your round die! BEAUTIFUL card. Congratulations on your new GDT position! hugs, de

*Vicki* said...

First of all congrats on your guest DT spot my friend!! You've done a stunning job with the white on white circle shaped design! I love the texture of your cut out pieces and the bit of glitter showing through on your snowflakes! Beautifully done! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
My Blog: Stamp Smiles

Linda Simpson said...

Hi Connie, congratulations on your GDT. I too avoid doing white on white as I end up adding colour. This is gorgeous and loving the touch of silver sparkle.
Hugs
Linda xx

Jackie T said...

Hi this is a stunning card I love the design. Congratulations on your guest design team slot. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Dawn Frost said...

Congratulations on your guest spot! Gorgeous card I love all white cards! I hope you getter soon NanaConnie!

Craftnut said...

Thanks for joining us at allsorts Tracy

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

Congrats on being a guest designer! Your card is lovely. I love the shape and especially the touch of silver shine! Thanks for joining us at MFP Stamps Challenge!
Hugs

Isobel said...

Beautiful! Thanks for joining the challenge here at Crafting from the Heart, good luck x

Marilyn Webb said...

Turned our beautiful!! I love the white on white with the little bit of silver! Thanks for joining our Kraftin Kimmie Stamps challenge.
Marilyn DT

Debbie said...

Beautiful!! I love the embossed tree!
Thanks for playing along this week at Christmas Card Challenges!!
Debbie (CCC DT)
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Teresa Arsenault said...

Wow. Stunning design.

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

Sandy said...

A wonderful shaped card. Thanks for sharing with us at Get Creative Challenges. Hope to see you again soon.
Hugs, Sandy DT

Glenda Atkins said...

Congratulations on your Guest spot for Crimbo Crackers and your first card is simply wonderful. Catches the spirit of Christmas in a very elegant way.
hugs
Glenda