Monday, March 13, 2017

My Kind of Leprechaun

     We have a new challenge starting today over at Ike's World.  Our theme is our usual "Anything Goes" but our optional twist is "Over the Rainbow" under which we would include Wizard of Oz, music, rainbows, gold, luck.  

     Many of you already know that St. Patrick's Day is my birthday and that my family tree is Irish on both sides so, for me, nothing is luckier than a leprechaun and his pot of gold.  You may also know that each year I make St, Paddy's cards for all my grandkids to remind them of their Irish heritage.  However, this year I've made a card just for myself and this St.Pat's Hunk is my present to me.  A gal couldn't get any luckier than finding a leprechaun like him! :-D



     I used my Shin Han markers to color the image, then fussy cut the hat and added it to the image using dimensional dots.  I framed the image with a Sue Wilson die cut.  The green ribbon was in my stash and the pot of gold was cut with a die from QuicKutz.  I added one of my hand-sewn bows which I 'dyed' gold using a Shin Han marker.

     Challenges:
Crafting from the Heart
Delicious Doodles
Glitter n Sparkle
MarkerPOP
Outlawz Greetings
Outlawz Festive Friday
Pammie's Inky Pinkies
Paper Girls
Unicorn
Work It Weds

     Come play in our challenge this fortnight, won't you?  It's "Anything Goes" but if you want to do something using the optional twist, the interpretation is really pretty broad.  For more inspiration, go check out all the DT creations over on Ike's World main blog.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

19 comments:

ike said...

Super awesome !! He looks amazing in that frame. Wouldn't it be fabulous if he turned up on your Birthday AND bought a pot of gold too ?? :-D I hope you have a fantastic day.
Thank you for making this for me at IWC.

Hugz
IKE xx

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Unknown said...

Ah! so know we know what your dream "Good Luck Leprechaun"looks like. Very handsome. Love that die and your port of gold. Real nice job on his hat and your dyed bow. wishing you a good day. Happy Birthday Friday. I thought I'd better send birthday wishes now in the event we lose power for a few days with this blizzard we are having starting today. Enjoy your week ahead and don't celebrate too hard. LOL

Stampsnob. said...

Ooooooawww thanks for entering this hunk at Unicorn Ch .;..Lis

jimlynn said...

Ok, I'll take one too! I don't even care if he's short or tall either. Just make him a rich one! He can bring that pot of gold right along with him.
LOVE your card Connie and I don't blame you for keeping this at all. I would too! Love the frame work around him and the pot of gold is the extra touch. Fabulous
Lynn

Donna Ellis said...

LOL! Your leprechaun is sure to answer all your wishes with the pot of gold he offers, Connie! LOL Very cute card, and such a clever use of words (as always). Fantastic card! hugs, de

Carolina Girl said...

Absolutely precious!

Linda Simpson said...

Oh my Connie, he is my type of leprechaun too! What a fabulous card, and a girl has to treat herself every now and then ;)
Hugs
Linda xxx

Davi said...

Someone might mug you for your Mr Leprechaun NC :) Great card to celebrate your Irish heritage! Glad you joined us at PIP this week!

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

Too cute! Certainly made me smile! Thanks for playing along with us at PIP Challenges!
Hugs

Wendy said...

Talk about luck of the Irish!! This is great ~ I love his tattoo ;) It's all so clever, Thanks for sharing the cheer here at PIP Challenges!! Have a great week!

Christi Conley said...

LOL Hey, I'll take one of him, too!! What a fun, feisty card! Love the sense of humor :) xoxo Christi

Brittany M. said...

My, oh my...ha ha! Glad you made a special card for yourself - every girl deserves a handsome leprechaun and a pot of gold for their birthday! Thanks again for linking up a project to our Luck of the Irish challenge with the Paper Girls.

Borqna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Borqna said...

Please excuse me for deleted 2 comments - I was / + a lot of mistakes /
Now short and true -
WELL DONE!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LOL, Yep! send him my way, I wouldn't mind a "Toy Boy", absolutely love this.
Faith
x

Birdie said...

You can send him my way...need my address? Seriously, you did this hunk proud! Love the manliness of him against the feminine look of your die cut. Happy late St. Paddy's day and birthday from another Irish soul. Great card and thanks for sharing on the PIP challenge.

Glenda Atkins said...

Yup that is one awesome leprechaun. :O)!!

ValByDesign, Valerie said...

Hee hee!! Totally awesome!!! Thanks for joining us over at MarkerPop for our Challenge!

wannabcre8tive said...

This is just to cute. Love your idea of the perfect leprechaun.