Friday, May 19, 2017

All Good Dogs Go to Heaven

     When a 9 year-old loses his canine best friend, there's little that will console him other than time.  But his Grandma wanted him to know that she was thinking of him so she asked me to make a card.

     Since I had the perfect QKR Stampede image and sentiment, I used them to make the card for her and to use as my DT card for our optional theme this week, "Things with Wings."  The image is called "Angel Dog" and the sentiment is called "All Dogs."


This one is based on the sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches
but I admit that I used just plain CS for the background pieces
instead of patterned dp because I wanted to 
showcase the detail in the die cut.


     I used my ProMarkers to color him, then cut him with a die from Memory Box.  I have to admit that most of my dogs end up colored in a beige and white color combo and that's because my favorite dog ever was beige and had white paws.  To me, those are the colors all dogs should be.  :-D

     The framing die is also from that same Memory Box set.  Although you can barely see the sparkle, I used a glitter pen to color in some of the stars (flowers?) and, IRL, it makes the background look more like sky.  I added a dark, midnight-blue bow.

     Because that die was so detailed and because this card is for a boy, I left off any other embellishments.  I printed and matted the sentiment and added it just above the bow.

     Challenges:
As You Like It
Aud Sentiments
Crafting from the Heart
Crazy Challenge
Digi Choosday
Dream Valley
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends
Pammie's Inky Pinkies
Pile It On

     Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

14 comments:

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is so cute and nicely done. I am so sorry about your grand-son's dog. It is so hard when we lose a fur baby. They are family.

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Lovely card. Thank you for playing along with us at Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends. Good luck. Hope to see you again soon,
Lynn aka Lynnpenguin, LPoCF DT

Linda Simpson said...

Love this Connie and your interpretation of the sketch. The die you have used showcases this wonderful image superbly.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Teresa Arsenault said...

This is so sweet. I know that child will appreciate it. Losing a pet is a big blow for anyone. When it is a child, the pet often represents someone who has been with them for their entire life up until that point. That is a very BIG deal. Your card is adorable and I know it will bring some comfort too.
hugs,
Teresa

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

AW! there is going to be one little boy, who will treasure this card, I'm sure. I LOVE the image and how he is coloured and the die is gorgeous and perfect for this card.
Faith
x

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

Ohhh, this is so sweet! Thanks for sharing it with us at PIP Challenges!
Hugs!

Melissa Craig said...

Awww - this is such a sweet card - this would bring great comfort to a pet parent who lost their beloved fur baby. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Andrea Beecroft said...

A neat card such a fun image and beautiful cutout frame. Thank you for sharing it with us over at Digi Choosday Challenge. Good luck with your entry. Hugs Andrea DT

Debbie said...

So cute! I love that die!!!
Thanks for playing along at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
Debbie
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Furrbster said...

What a difficult request but this image is just perfect!

Thanks for sharing at Aud Sentiments,

Hugz Tinz

Creative world said...

Fabulous card and coloring...Thank you for joining us at DIGI CHOOSDAY CHALLENGE this week,hope to see you again
Željka DTxx

Moni said...

Adorable card!! Thank your for joining us at Digi Choosday Challenges.-Monica DT.

Leanne said...

Thanks for sharing your card with us, and love the stamp and the die you used.
Leanne DT/Lil Patch of Crafty Friends

Annette said...

Gorgeous little pup and lovely golden colouring.
Hugs
Annette - Netty's Cards
xx
Proud to design for :
Lili of the Valley,
Dies to Die For,
In The Pink Challenge
Squirrel's not-so-random Challenge
As You Like It Challenge.