Friday, September 1, 2017

Getting Your Dander Up

     I love Fridays!  Not only are they the beginning of the weekend but every Friday I get to share another DT project for the challenge at QKR Stampede!  I've been on the DT over there for 3 years next month and played in their weekly challenges for at least 2 years prior to that.  It's the only weekly challenge team on which I still serve.

     I love their images and had a huge collection of them before I even joined the DT.  Today, I'm using "Bucking Bronc" for our optional theme of "Wild West."  We're always have a theme of 'Anything Goes' but each week we give you a new optional theme if you want to use it.


I started with the sketch from My Favourite Things,
turned a quarter-turn counter-clockwise.

Sketch Challenge 348 #mftstamps

     The horse was a dream to color and since we are thinking about the Old West in America, I decided to make him a pinto pony.  I used my ProMarkers, of course, then cut the image with one of my Gina Marie dies.

     I layered that onto dp from the Linen Closet stack (by DCWV) which has been in my stash for more than four years.  It's my favorite DCWV stack and whenever I'd find stacks on sale, I'd grab an extra Linen Closet if it was available.  I ended up with about 6 of those stacks in my stash and I still have 3 full stacks left plus bits and pieces of another one.  I keep hoarding them as though I was going to run out tomorrow.  :-D

     I added the blue and white twill tape and the blue bow, then printed the sentiment, hand cut it, matted it, and hand cut it again before adding it to the corner of the image.

     Challenges:
Crafty Creations
Creative Moments
Simon Says Stamp
Sisterhood of Crafters
Word Art Weds.
Work It Weds.

     OK, this is my fourth and final post of the day and, phew, I'm tired!  Come play along in the challenges; this one at QKR Stampede or any of the others you saw in my DT posts today.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

8 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous project Connie, loving the bucking bronco.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Donna Ellis said...

Yee Haw! Fabulous bucking bronco, and really great coloring, Connie! Love the masculine card! hugs, de

Darlene said...

What a fun and fabulous creation Connie! Great coloring! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Anything Goes’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Super colouring of the "pinto" horse, a wonderful image and I had to chuckle at the sentiment. A Wonderful card.
Faith
x

Elizabeth Hart said...

Fabulous coloring on this horse - well done. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Melissa Bove said...

Wonderful card! Love that great image! Wonderful coloring!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Diane said...

Super fun card and image and great coloring, too! Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
Diane TSH DT {Nellies Nest}

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful image and card. Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.