Saturday, January 6, 2018

Snail and Turtle

     Today I'm using a brand new image from Sasayaki Glitter and that little snail just makes me laugh!  The turtle is also cute but the silly smile on the face of the snail is just too much.  I decided they looked like they're wearing party hats so I used them to beef up my stash of birthday cards.


I based this on the sketch over at Die Cuttin' Divas
but turned one-quarter turn to accommodate the shape of my image piece.


     As usual, I used my ProMarkers to color the image, then cut both it and the sentiment with Unbranded dies.  I found a scrap of bleached purple CS and another scrap of turquoise CS, embossed with my "linen" folder, and used them on the background.

     I wanted to leave this one very simple so I added only one small ribbon as embellishment.

     Challenges:
Crafting by Designs
Crafter's Castle
Crafty Gals
Creative Inspirations
Double D
Lemon Shortbread
Outlawz Color
Simon Says

     This is my first, post-holidays, Saturday and I'm making the most of it.  You're going to find me sequestered in the craft room most of the weekend and I may even completely ignore the dishes in the sink and the dry goods which need to be put away after yesterday's shopping trip to restock the cupboards.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

14 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Darling card! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Something New” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

Darlene said...

OMG too cute Connie! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘ATG Birthday/Anniversary’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

The Craft Princess said...

LOL Connie that image is soooooo cute!!! I agree with you....I love the look on the snails face...hee hee hee! I love your color choices, and your coloring is wonderful. Thank you so much for entering Crafter's Castle Challenge...and good luck :) Hugs...Janie

Lori Kobular said...

Absolutely adorable! I love their party hats and their both of their faces are precious!! Do you know where I can get some BOY digis for the Cards for Little Hearts Card Drive?? Everything I have is girly!

Gloria said...

Fabulous birthday card and love your coloring:) Thank you for playing along with us over at Die Cuttin' Divas.

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card. Lovely design and gorgeous colours used for our "Two year Birthday celebration" challenge. Thanks for joining in to help us celebrate ...hope to see you next challenge.. Double D Challenges{DT aNNie}

[aNNie]

Linda Simpson said...

This is beautiful, love the sentiment on this gorgeous image.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw said...

Oh, it's so cute! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Crafter's Castle this week. We hope to see you next time too!
Regards,
DT
Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
Crafter's Castle
crafterscastle.blogspot.com

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Laughing out loud with this card, I absolutely LOVE it. Fab expressions and colouring.
Faith
x

Loose Stitches said...

Your card is so very adorable Connie, love that image!
Hugs, Sherry x
Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads

NGCARDS said...

This is a fantastic creation! Thanks for playing along at Creative Inspirations this month! xxx

Leslie Miller said...

This gave me a giggle this morning. So cute! Thanks for sharing it in our challenge at Double D!

Donna Phelan said...

hahaha these critters are soooooo CUTE! Smiling from here! Thanks so much for playing along and celebrating with us on our 2nd Birthday at The Double D Challenge Blog, Donna, DT Member, Happy Birthday/Anniversary Challenge.

Judy V said...

Cute card! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner!