Sunday, February 18, 2018

Stella Says Sketch

     New sketch today over at Stella Says Sketch and nothing is more fun than being a  Guest Designer for Catch the Bug and getting an inside peek at the sketch for today.  To make my card, I used "Mildred - Chocolate Enriched" for the image and sentiment.  FYI, the sentiment is my own personal statement if not my philosophy on life in general!


Here's the sketch for this fortnight:


     Mildred is colored with ProMarkers, then cut with one of my oldest dies from Spellbinders, a deckled rectangle.  The flowered dp was a scrap, as was the polka dot ribbon.  I also used a scrap of deep pink CS for the lower portion of the card.

     I cut the sentiment with the same deckled die but I had to cut twice, moving the placement of the die to get the overall size I wanted for the sentiment piece.  I added one of my hand-sewn bows which was 'dyed' pink using a ProMarker, and then added the three tiny pearls to the lower corner.

     Challenges:
A Gem of a Challenge
Di's Digi Designs
Dragonfly Dreams
Jo's Scrap Shack
Outlawz PAM
Pile It On
Pixie's Snippets
Stamping Sensations

     We'd love to see you come and play in the sketch challenge this time so won't you at least consider it?  Can't wait for you to inspire me.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

11 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

It could be my philosophy Connie LOL. LOVE this card, great papers and design and of course your colouring.
Faith
x

jimlynn said...

Delightful!!! What a great philosophy and card. Love it!
Lynn

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous! Love the sentiment and wonderful image. Beautiful colouring too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the image.xxx

Heather said...

Adorable!!! And what a fun sentiment! Chocolate enriched doesn't sound too bad to me. : ) Love your paper and your take on the sketch. Thanks for playing with Jo's Scrap Shack and Di's Digi Designs.

Lisa Lynn said...

This is so adorable. Love the hot pink papers with the image.

Lisa Lynn said...

This is so adorable. Love the hot pink papers with the image.

Di said...

Brilliant card Connie - the image and sentiment are such fun :) Great colouring too - I've almost been inside the screen here looking at the 'gingham' effect pockets, button panel and collar! My guess is that you drew those in - clever idea!

Hugs

Di xx

Teresa Arsenault said...

Oh this is so cute. hugs, Teresa

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love it - so darn cute with that sentiment. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Pile it On Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Wendy said...

Fabulous card... Thanks for joining us at Di’s Digi Challenge :)
Wendy xx