Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Vintage Valentine Kids

     When I found this darling image in my collection from TLC Creations, I just knew I had to use it for a Valentine card this year.  I don't even know how long I've had it but I've never used it so the money for that purchase has gone to waste until now.  :-D  I can't believe I went that long without using it as much as I love vintage images!


     I decided that I really liked the black and white of the pencil sketch image so I colored only the heart and the sentiment with ProMarkers and gel ink.  I die cut the image and the red mat for it with dies from on of my earliest sets by Spellbinders.  I layered those together and then started looking for some dp.

     I'm a person who saves scraps of this and that, and in my stash I had a paper bag with an old newsprint pattern which had held one of my craft purchases who knows how long ago.  I cut a scrap of it and added it to dark brown CS.

     I added a brown doily to one side, then layered on the image piece.  I dug out the red, polka dot ribbon, tied a bow, and trimmed another strip of it to fit the card front.  Fairly CAS design which looks more complex than it is.

     Challenges:
AAA Cards
Angie's Digital Stamps
Aud Sentiments
Crazy Challenge
Frilly & Funky
Mod Squad
Quick Quotes
Star Stampz
Victorine Originals

     Thanks so much for visiting me today.  Take a stroll around while you're here and maybe something will spark your own creativity.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

19 comments:

Craft-E-Place said...

Super card. Thanks for sharing with us at AAA Cards

Scrapper69 said...

That vintage image is so pretty. Beautiful card design. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at SumMore Fun Stamps Challenge.

Theresa (SumMore Fun DT)

Elaine Stark said...

Lovely nostalgic card. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

jimlynn said...

Glad you discovered you had this fantastic image and made it into a card! Love the background you used too. SO VERY PRETTY!
Lynn

Jane said...

Fabulous vintage look to your card and the children are just so sweet. Thanks for joining in with our challenge at AAA Cards.

Linda Simpson said...

Just adore this gorgeous vintage card my friend, you know I love vintage. The image is gorgeous, love the colours you have used too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

LeeAnn McKinney said...

Thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge

Unknown said...

Love this card! How sweet it is! Thanks for joining us at SumMore Fun! Please join us again! ~DT Jamie

Lisa Mensing said...

Beautiful image and stunning on your card. Love the layers, very pretty. Thanks for playing along at SumMore Funs Mood Board Challenge. DTM Lisa

SUPRFOXdesigns said...

What a beautiful card, this year I am so drawn to vintage looks and this is no exception! Thank you for joining us at SumMore Fun, looking forward to seeing more of your creations.
~DT Heather

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is lovely with the sweet image from TLC and a great background, the red ribbon is a nice touch too.
Faith
x

Beth F. said...

I absolutely love the vintage look of your card! Thank you so much for joining in the SumMore Fun mood board challenge.

Jenny Marples said...

This Valentines Day card is so adorable! Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Just a heads up that in the challenge description we asked for the inclusion of the word Love to consider entries for our prize draw xx

SewPaperPaint said...

What a stunning image! Gorgeous layering and use of these pretty dies. We're so thankful you shared with us at Frilly & Funkie. Happy Valentine's Day! Hugs, Autumn

Tracie Pond said...

Super pretty. Thank you for sharing with us at AAA Cards =) Tracie

Super Stick Chick said...

Wonderful card, love the colors. Thanks for joining us at Quick Quotes!

Desire Fourie said...

Nana this is wonderfully crafted and fits in perfect for our 17th ‘ATG with CREATE WITH TLC’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck and hope to see you play with us again.
Hugs
Desíre
{ATG with a CREATE WITH TLC Element}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Golden Goddess Designs said...

absolutely lovely! I can't get enough of vintage valentines! thanks so much for joining us at Quick Quotes for our February challenge!

Alicia

Neva Cole said...

Very nicely done vintage card! Thanks for joining us at Quick Quotes for our Love Challenge!