Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Be Irish

     St. Patrick's Day in America is the one day each year when everyone wants to be Irish (or at least join in the parties which flourish.)  I have the honor of actually having an Irish heritage along with celebrating my birthday each March 17th.  Life is good! :-D

     When I saw this darling March Hedgie with his shamrocks from Bugaboo Stamps, I grabbed it right away. 


I used the sketch from Stella Says Sketch.


        I started by coloring the image with my ProMarkers , then I cut it with an octagon die from Spellbinders.  I inked the edges with a ProMarker.  I dug through my stash of green papers until I found that gorgeous plaid.  As soon as I saw it, I knew it was the perfect paper for a monochromatic, green, St. Patrick's card.  I checked my basket of scraps and found the striped paper which went across the middle.

     I printed, hand cut, and inked the sentiment before applying it.  The final touch was the quadruple loop bow which I made using my bow maker. 

     Challenges:
A Bit More Time to Craft Extra
Catch the Bug
Craft-Dee Bowz
Crafty Animals
Crafty Awesomeness Bugaboo
Crafty Creations
Cuttlebug Mania
Hiding in My Craft Room
Outlawz PAM

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

10 comments:

jimlynn said...

That really is the perfect paper for this card! Cute image and a fun design too. Love that pretty bow!
Lynn

Linda Simpson said...

This is so cute, love this cute bear and wonderful paper. A fabulous bow too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Teresa Arsenault said...

This is so cute and I love the plaid paper. hugs, Teresa

Lisa Lynn said...

How exciting that you have your birthday coming up on such a day...I'm FAR from Irish, hehe. Great ribbons and paper with that adorable image. Thanks for joining the Catch the Bug Anything Goes Challenge, Lisa Lynn DT.

Becca Sadler said...

This is a wonderfully charming card! Full of greens for the #342 monochromatic greens challenge at HIMCR! Thanks for sharing! Becca~DT

Margreet said...

Everything fits on your gorgeous card: the great gingham papers and the striped one, your coloring of the adorable image, and besides it will be your birthday on such an important Irish day!
Thanks for joining us at Stella Says Sketch.
xxx Margreet DT

Lori Kobular said...

Oh my goodness!! What better day to be born on if you are of Irish Heritage!! As my Mom would have said "your as Irish as Patty's Pig"! I love the Irish plaid paper and that adorable hedgie!

Pia S said...

This is adorable! At first glance your sweet card looked like a beautifully wrapped gift.
A great card for our challenge at Catch the Bug! Pia, Bugaboo DT

Jannie said...

This bear is unbearable cute!

I hope you will have a great bday this Saturday and thank you so much for joining us at Cuttlebug Mania.

Cuttlebugs & Hugs
Jannie

Dr Sonia S V said...

This is so cute...love the green color and the way you used the octagonal shape
Thank you so much for joining us at the Cuttlebugmania Challenge!
Cuttlebugmania Challenge DT
Dr Sonia